Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28


Jan 28, 2013
Hey Mom
So I really don't have much to say and they are cutting my time short again. I'm doing really well here in TN and things are going really pretty smooth. The biggest problem I’m seeing here in Farragut is balance. We work our butts off and we have a lot of progressing investigators and they are all progressing but at very different speeds. we don’t have a car and its really hard to keep up to date with everyone. Jeanne and Mckenzie need their baptism pushed to probably the 3rd Saturday in Feb. So that’s kind of a bummer, but they are excited to be baptized its just going to take a little longer than expected. But hey such is life. Spirits are bright and looking forward to big times ahead, also Matt G tried to convert us... so we are going to drop him pretty soon here... haha kinda funny. Also I'll be sending home a package of stuff I dont want to tote around with me out here. 
Oh I just gave a training in district meeting on teaching from the scriptures, since I sucked at teaching from the scriptures I spent the last week or so learning. And boy does the Lord help you out if you ask! My teaching just totally changed, its crazy. Before I would teach and the scriptures would just not come to mind, and as soon as I started praying for help and working hard to remember scriptures and stuff, they would just flood to my mind! I love the scriptures and I'm always learning from them! 
Oh also transfers are Feb. 6 so send all letters and stuff just to the mission office for now, I really don’t have any idea where I'll be. Even though I’m pretty sure I'll stay here you never know
Gotta jet, Love ya 
Elder Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment