Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11


February 11, 2013
Hola Madre!
ha Preston is going to Japan! thats so stellar! I'm glad, he will love that! Well Tennessee is kickin'! I love it here so much! Farragut is the best! We just implemented our ward mission plan this Sunday and it should go off with out any problems! One of the main components of the mission plan is a 40 day fast from the ward. We have everyone in the ward signing up for a day to fast and pray as a family to specifically find someone that the missionaries can teach in their home! It's going to be so good! The ward is finally getting excited about doing missionary work and has completely turned around. Our meal calendar is always completely full and now they always expect us to be prepared with a spiritual thought.  Another cool thing that we are starting to do is leave the Savior”s peace and blessings with people in their home, it's been a really cool way to serve and get people to feel a special spirit. It's literally a priesthood ordinance and it works tracting too! People soften up and they can tell its the real deal, its super awesome I love it. 
So next transfer day is March 13 and Elder Christensen is probably going to be leaving which will mean I'm most likely staying here for at least another transfer after that, and if I'm training it'll be 2 transfers. I'm super stoked about it, it means I'll spend the first quarter of my mission here in Farragut. It's really starting to wear on me, how fast the time goes. It’s like I blink and another month goes by. I’m not really a fan of that... 
Oh some exciting random news, we were at the gym this morning with brother Ray and I dunked my first full size basket ball. That was a small celebration inside for me haha, now i just need to get the technique down and pull it off playing the other elders! ha Jacky boy, I challenge you Mr. J-Jazz! I'm getting a lot better, I even bought some basket ball shoes ( first pair I've ever owned). Anyways, our progressing investigators all got busy this week so we had to deal with a lot of dropped appointments which is always a bummer, however Jeanne and Mckenzie are still on for their baptism this Saturday and Robert Branson is still on but we are trying to push the date up. So all is well with them, and we are so excited for the baptism this week! 
I really love the people here and the Lord is really behind this work. I heard the Sextons even wrote you guys! That's so great that you sent them a package! They are such sweet people, I may have you add them to the email list. Well Life is great I love it here and the work is really, really great! Thanks for the love support and prayers! Love ya! 
Elder Bakker 

No comments:

Post a Comment