Monday, May 20, 2013

Conversate


Hey Mom!
Good to hear from you again, Tennessee is great! the Tennessee-ism of the week is conversate! means to converse, typically said through a thick accent. Fun fact the southern accent comes from the Scotch-Irish settlers. The S parents are moving along right nicely, it's been slow but steady. The P family is still preparing for June 15th and that is going to be huge as well. Transfers are the 5th of June and I'm really praying asking the Lord, if it's his will of course, to let me stay one more transfer.
I've looked back on my time in Farragut recently and I feel like it might be my time to go and move onto another place to help prune the Lords vineyard. Jeanne and Mackenzie, and Brother M were helped to baptism. There are also many that will be there soon from whom I have been teaching.  I have always known how little the lord really cares about numbers and I myself don't care that much either, but I can look back and say that I made an impact on many peoples lives, not only their lives but their families lives and their eternal salvation. I am humbled and blessed by the opportunity to serve here and am excited to see what the Lord has in store for my future.
I as always pray for the Lord to guide you to people to share the message of the gospel with. This is truly the only church where we can accept the full blessings of the atonement of our lord and savior Jesus Christ.
I love you
Elder Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment