Monday, February 10, 2014

feb 10







Wow what a great week! So Sarah got baptized yesterday! Super exciting! It was a magnificent service and boy was she so prepared! Her parents came too and that was good, she will have the new member lessons in her home by the sisters and hopefully that means her family will be able to sit in on the lessons with her. We are excited about that. Member missionary work strikes again! I am thoroughly convinced that preach my gospel is inspired of God and when it says that the best way to do missionary work is through the members of the church it is totally accurate. I have been blessed to see nearly all of the people I helped bring into the church join due to the help of their member friends.
Other events worth mentioning: transfers are on Wednesday and it’s official I’m outta here. I have been in the Poplar Creek Ward for 6 months and its time for Elder Bakker to fly the coop. It will be really hard to leave the people here that I have grown close to and the zone that is really working miracles right now, but its the Lord’s will that I turn another page in the adventure. By the way things are looking I will either end up in downtown Knoxville or downtown Ashville, NC. I’m ready for the big city I think, so that will be exciting. The woods and hills are great, there is just not too many people around so it’s hard to teach. Should prove to be a nice change of pace.


We went out to lunch the other day as a district and we went to this legit burger joint called "the other one." There are literally over a hundred choices on the menu, way good too. Anyways elder Williams went with the Sean's Spicy burger.... bad idea. It has jalepenos, seranos, habeneros, and worst of all ghost chilies. He was literally pouring sweat. really quite funny! and then later that day it made a come back at a members house, too good! what a day! we are going to try a locally famous place called Razzelberries today its a European deli, we will see, sounds good. Well looking forward to new things! love ya the church is true! Oh also we got to go to lunch with my dear friend from farragut brother barny , definitely another highlight of the week!
Elder R.A. Bakker













No comments:

Post a Comment