Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July 7

Hey!
Sorry I wasn't able to email last week! I had no idea how crazy life would be now that we have the new president in. President Griffin is great! It is interesting to see the vast differences between President Irion and President Griffin. They are both absolutely perfect for this mission.  I feel very fortunate to be so closely associated with both of these supreme examples. I have the unique opportunity to learn closely from both and the lessons just seem to continue to flow. I can't hardly keep up with it! 
 
We are always on the road and always busy. Our investigators are doing well, Chris has a baptismal date for the 23rd of Aug. the day before Alyssa's birthday, so that should be exciting. He is ready to go now, I suspect he will move it up. Oh Elder Christensen (Mike J.) is back in town for a few days I had dinner with he and his family as well as Brother R this evening. And another cool thing, I was sitting in a Zone meeting this week and Elder Williams one of my old companions was in charge of the meeting looked at me (Elder Mumm was in the hall helping President with timing for interviews) and said "shoot this meting is going to run short, will you give a 20 minuet training?" haha so I did with minuets of notice. They all seemed to like it, in fact several members of the zone came up to me and thanked me saying it was their favorite training of the meeting. Never thought I would be able to do things like that, just goes to show that the power of the atonement not only helps cleanse us, but it empowers us to become better and stronger than we could ever imagine, especially when it comes to blessing God's children.
It was a good week! 
Thanks for everything love ya! 
Love Elder R.A. Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment