Friday, October 24, 2014

October 20

Well it's all coming to an end. It's been a strange phenomenon to try and understand time. My whole life growing up I knew I would serve a mission, it was a hard and fast plan and goal that for some reason I had the feeling that the time would never come to where I would actually go "be a missionary." Similarly, approaching my final couple days I never really felt like being a missionary would ever end. It was almost like it was just who I was and it would last forever, and being a returned missionary was something for old people. It seems to be true that "all is as one day to God, and time is only measured unto man." On the Lord's errand it's been a blur.
My mission here in Knoxville has meant everything to me.  I can't really even put into words the things I have learned. I hope to be able to recognize all the changes that have taken place in my life as I pick up where I left off. The Atonement of Jesus Christ has wrought change in my heart. The biggest difference I can feel in my heart is the understanding of and purpose of the Gospel, and where I fit into that equation. Thus my decision making should have a more eternal perspective as a result. 
I am forever grateful to my Father in Heaven for the opportunity he has given to me to serve him and to serve his children. I have been able to see success and see the work hasten in Knoxville, Tennessee. 
I also just want to say thanks for everything to Mom and Dad. They literally supported me through the whole journey, which turned out to be my greatest blessing. Also thanks to the rest of my family that supported me along the way. 
This truly is the Lord's work. The Gospel of Jesus Christ changes people, It has changed me, and if we choose to follow or Lord and savior, that is where we will find true happiness. 

Love ya. 
See you Thursday.

Elder Robert Andrew Bakker



1 comment:

  1. In Path of Exile, players are best to buy POE Currency to quickly improve their strength and easily defeat the enemy.

    Attached link: https://www.poecurrency.com/

    ReplyDelete