Monday, October 7, 2013

Oct 7



Hey Mom!
As far as this week goes it was busier than busy. We had Zone meeting on Friday, zone meeting/conference for zone leaders is pretty stressful, we spend countless hours the week leading up to it making sure everything is perfectly prepared and all the trainings are ready to go. Which I’m glad to say went super well. Elder Schouten and I trained on developing Christ-like attributes and setting effective goals to do that. Then I went on exchange to go help a struggling elder who is on the last leg of his mission and is real trunky.He is great though I really like him. Then we had the transfer conference call, we are all staying here together at least one more transfer. Then it was General Conference which was fantastic! I always love conference especially on he mission! We were able to get 5 of our investigators out to conference at the church with us.
Then Sunday night was Cody's baptism. So amazing it was with the baptism of two others from the other ward, great attendance. Elder Russo really connected with Cody and was asked to do the baptism which was great. Elder Schouten and I did a presentation of the restoration lesson for the whole room of people in attendance including non members. The spirit was so strong. Especially when I got to recite the first vision, the spirit just hit everyone really hard, many of us were in tears actually. It was absolutely amazing, then we strongly invited everyone to share this message with their friends, because honestly as missionaries we just cant find the prepared people like the members can.
I just know that this is the lords restored gospel. The Spirit has touched my heart and will also for anyone who humbly asks the lord.
Love
Elder R.A. Bakker



No comments:

Post a Comment