Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dec 16


Hey all,


Well the work in Oak Ridge is pretty slow honestly. We are still struggling to find people to teach, and we have been working our tails off this last week or so trying to get all prepared for this huge zone meeting/conference hybrid. We are doing a couple trainings and a few other things. I have really been busy with a lot of administrative type tasks the last little while, but that's ok you gotta do what you gotta do! It will be an exciting meeting filled with the spirit and Christmas Cheer!
Speaking of Christmas cheer, we had the Oak Ridge parade this Saturday and it was AWESOME! We passed out roughly 1,000 pass along cards and I think really put out a "mormons aren't weird cultists" message for the community. I never realized how much I loved Christmas until I did these last two parades! We felt like the "Holiday Cheermister sitting in the chair of cheer!" from the Grinch. We were actually able to meet Sarah's parents at the parade (their family has llama's... like 40 of them... which I never knew till Saturday) anyways... We met her parents and were able to get them to agree to have a lesson with us so that's really exciting! I’ll include some pictures of the float and llamas and Christmas cheer.
 Christmas really is about the birth of the Savior. I love being able to read time and time again the story of from Luke 2 and knowing that He is the one who will help me to obtain what really is most important. Eternal life with my family. Love you all MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Love Elder R.A. Bakker

No comments:

Post a Comment