Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Feb 3

Hey!
Pretty crazy week! lots of meetings and our minds have been going 100 miles an hour as expected. We have zone conference tomorrow and we are excited for that. We will be training on "teaching people and not lessons." It’s a topic we are both enthused to train on, I feel it has been key to providing much of the success I have seen as a missionary and hope to be able to pass on what we have learned.
Things with Sarah are going great! The baptismal date has been changed to the 9th now to accommodate different people being able to be in attendance.  She is so prepared and ecstatic to be able to be baptized! Her dad has accepted to give up his sweet tea and coffee to live the word of wisdom! The sisters filled in for a lesson for us with Sarah yesterday because we had a meeting to attend with the stake president and president Irion, and Sarah was very excited to have the sisters and wants them to start teaching her mother! I guess something clicked with them which is great!
At the AMSE Science Museum on P-day
Cody is still doing great, his mother and step-father (a preacher) started taking the lessons now actually! That's more good news! All I can say is "Welcome to the Kingdom!"

 This Saturday certainly was a choice experience. One I wont soon forget! Those who spoke to us were Elder Perry, Elder Rasband, Elder Zwick, Elder Kopishke, and Elder Hymas. First impression, WOW! I did not realize how tall Elder Perry is! He towers over the podium! He must stand at least 6'6", and what a spirit entered that room as they walked in. He, in his early nineties, was the most energetic one in the room! It was amazing! They spoke about how members and missionaries could work together better. They spoke mainly to the ward councils helping them to know how to work with us more. We are excited and we have already seen many blessings.
Sunbright Church Revival sign
In response to transfers, I cant know "for sure" BUT I have been here 6 months and just the way everything is working out it is almost certain I will be transferred out of here on the 12th. Who knows where I will be or what I will be doing. I am just excited for change and feel good about the work that I was able to be apart of while I was here. Thanks for everything.
Love Elder R.A. Bakker





No comments:

Post a Comment