Monday, April 29, 2013

Welcome Elder McNeil!


hey family! whats up?
the good news of the week is brother m's baptism! I got the opportunity to baptize brother m this saturday, elder arnold confirmed him in church and then his home teacher gave him the aaronic priesthood! so awesome! the spirit was so strong! His favorite way to feel the spirit is through music and we have a sister in our district here that is an incredibly gifted pianist, and she wrote him a beautiful version of amazing grace/how great thou art. it was beautiful I love the spirit that music brings.
In other good news we gained a new companion! elder arnold and I are training a brand new missionary waiting for his visa to go to bella hrozante, brazil. His name is elder McNeil from newark delaware. He is an awesome addition to team Farragut!
another cool thing is the P family! They are really progressing towards baptism! Sister p and her son jackson who is 13 are ready to commit to baptism but we are waiting on brother powers. he is a bit more cautious. This family is one of the closest families to the lord as anyone i have ever met. It's a real privilege to meet them and help them take the next step in their progression toward the savior and utilizing the full power of his atonement, through baptism and receiving the holy ghost.
I love my mission, through exact obedience I’m seeing success and growth in myself and in those I teach. It’s going by too fast. I pray that the spirit of the lord will be with you guiding you to share the gospel with those who need it in their lives. It brings more happiness than anything else you can do. The lord told peter whitmer (D&C 16:6) And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen. I love you
Elder Bakker

love you mom see you on mothers day (which im sad to say i didnt realize was so soon haha i found out yesterday its around the corner)

No comments:

Post a Comment